April 2 - 6, 2012
9:00 AM-1:00 PM
Thursday April 5, 2012
5:00 - 7:00 PM
K Parent Information Night
Click here for Summer Camp Information
Who is Eligible?
Any child who reaches the age of five years old on or before August 31, 2012 is eligible to register for Kindergarten.
Register at the individual school in your child's attendance area during the week of April 2-6. If a language other than English is spoken in the home or the child was born outside theUnited States, go to the Welcome Center located at the Glenn Center : 120 Marsh Avenue, Concord ( 704-723-9137 704-723-9137 704-723-9137 704-723-9137 ) to register your child.
What Should You Bring?
- Photo ID of Parent/Legal Guardian
- Child's Birth Certificate with Parent name(s)
- Child's Immunization Record
- Proof of Domicile (Two items from list below are required)
Other Required Documentation:
- Proof of Domicile (Deed, Lease, or Property Tax Statement showing the property is owned or rented by the parent/legal guardian and is within the school's boundaries).
- Current driver's license and motor vehicle registration, or current statement (e.g. bank statement, utility bill or Medicaid card) with proper address listed on both.
Kindergarten Health Assessment and Immunizations: This is required by North Carolina Statute. Students who do not have this completed after 30 days following the start of school will not be allowed to attend until the requirements are met. All schools and local physicians are aware of the requirements and have the proper forms that are needed for documentation.
Early Admission Requirements: (See state policy defining early kindergarten admission) As defined by General Statute 115-364(d), a child who has reached the age of 4 on or before April 16 may enter kindergarten if: The child is presented for enrollment no later than the end of the first month of the school year; and the principal of the school finds, based on information submitted by the child's parent or guardian, that the child is gifted and that the child has the maturity to justify admission to the school. A child eligible to enter school early shall be precocious in academic and social development and score at the 98th percentile on a standard individual test of intelligence such as the Stanford -Binet, The Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence, The Kaufman Anderson, or any other comparable tests, that shall be administered by a licensed psychologist....(click on "state policy" link above to review entire policy).
* Cabarrus County Schools does not administer nor pay for the administration of early admission tests.
Interested in Early Kindergarten Entry
K Parent Information Night