This is an elective course for high school students.One unit of credit can be earned for this semester.This course includes an introduction to the New Testament, including research and reference skills and how the Bible came into English.Focus is on the first four books (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John), especially those stories often encountered in Western literature, music and art.
We will be using a Bible almost on a daily basis.This is your textbook for the semester and should be brought to class as you would all your other textbooks.You will be given many handouts throughout the semester and you will be expected to take notes, so you will need paper that should be kept in a loose leaf 3 ring binders with the rest of your handouts.Please bring your notebook to class on a daily basis as well.
Three important things to remember
1. Keep your notebook organized
2. Your notebook will be graded periodically throughout the semester for
organization and completeness
3. There will be periodic Bible/notebook checks throughout the semester.These
will count as daily grades.
Daily Work 10%
1. Obey all school rules
2. Be in the classroom when the tardy bell begins to ring.
3. Be prepared for each class.
4. Vulgarity and profanity are not acceptable.
5. Be dressed appropriately for all school activities.
Classroom Discipline Procedures
1st offense: Verbal warning
2nd offense: Punishment (Teacher will select punishment to