A Typical 11th Grade Schedule:
Continue your Academic Success:
1. Register for the October PSAT given at school. This is a great way to prepare for the SAT.
2. Continue tracking your extracurricular, leadership roles, and volunteer activities in CFNC.ORG. Remember your extra activities will help you stand out from other college applicants.
3. Begin researching scholarship opportunities. Click here to use our scholarship information website in your scholarship and financial aid research.
4. Be prepared for your Senior Year by using a calendar for your favorite schools. Use this calendar to track open house dates, and admission and scholarship deadlines.
5. Plan to attend the CCS College Fair in the fall of your junior year. This will allow you to meet an admissions representative and ask questions if necessary.
6. Continue to challenge yourself with honors and AP courses.
7. It is very critical to focus on your GPA. As you begin to apply to colleges your first semester grades will be on your transcipt.
8. Consider finding a summer job or summer program that will get you ready for college.
It is now time to take your college entrance exams (ACT, SAT, etc). Colleges will take your best score so please strive for the best and take preparatory classes or use online resources as you prepare for the exam. If you are not satisfied with your scores take the exam again. You can take it multiple times and colleges will take the best score. Please use the above link to access our entrance exam webpage.
Are you planning for work or the military in life beyond high school?
If you are intered in the military please click here for more information on the military branches and their academies.
If you are a student athlete continue to be mindful of your attendance and grades. If you need a refresher of the requirements please click here. If you are considering sports in college you will need to begin your NCAA eligibility process. Please click here for the NCAA eligibility process.
Promotion requirements for 11th to 12th Grade:
You must earn 19 credits