Article I: Name
The name of this organization shall be Coltrane-Webb Elementary Parent Teacher Community Organization, hereafter referred to as PTCO.
Article II: Mission
The mission of the PTCO is to support and enhance Coltrane-Webb Elementary School in its efforts to educate children. The PTCO will promote school spirit and open communication between the administrators, teachers, community members, and parents though fundraising, volunteerism, and family activities.
Article III: Membership and Dues
Section 1: Membership shall include any of the following interested in the mission of the PTCO and willing to uphold the bylaws:
1. Any parent, step-parent, or guardian of students
2. Any Coltrane-Webb Elementary staff member
3. Any member of the Coltrane-Webb community
Section 2: All members of the organization shall have the privilege of making motions, serving on committees, and serving in elected or appointed offices. All members are eligible to vote in regular General Membership meetings.
Section 3: There will be no annual dues for this organization. The membership year shall begin on July 1st and end June 30th.
Article IV: Facilitators and Their Election or Appointment
Section 1: The offices shall consist of a Facilitator, Secretary, Treasurer, Box Top/Campbell's Soup Coordinator, and Advisory Board.
Section 2: Nominations for offices must be made by April 30th.
Section 3: Offices shall be elected at the May General Membership meeting. If there are no nominations for office positions, the current PTCO can appoint members to office positions.
Section 4: Any officer position can be held for a term of (1) year.
Article V: Duties of the Offices:
Section 1: All officers are responsible to the membership
Section 2: The Facilitator shall:
• Organize and preside at all meetings of the organization
• Set the agenda for all meetings of the organization
• Act as the liaison between the organization and the school administration
• Coordinate the work of the other offices
• Perform any other duties as needed when prescribed by the other offices
Section 3: The Secretary shall:
• Keep a record of all meetings
• Transcribe and publicize all minutes of each meeting
• Create and publicize a quarterly PTCO newsletter reporting on such topics as: upcoming events; fundraising opportunities; volunteer opportunities, report on past events, financial updates, Box tops/Campbell soup label report, and/or any needed updates
Section 4: The Treasurer shall:
• Include a parent and teacher signer on all business transactions
• Deposit money raised/donated into the PTCO bank account in a timely manner
• Pay out all funds as approved by the membership offices
• Receive monthly statements and reconcile the bank account upon receipt
• Provide detailed public accounts of financial reports at each PTCO meeting as well as on the PTCO newsletter
• Submit a year-end report of income and expenditures of the current school year to the PTCO membership
A year-end financial report is required at the end of each treasurer's term. This report is to be submitted to the Cabarrus County Financial Director. No books shall be transferred to the newly elected/appointed treasurer until approved and signed by the Financial Director.
Section 5: Box Top/Campbell's Soup Label Coordinator shall
• Collect and submit collected labels to the corresponding business
• Submit a monthly report to the Secretary as to the collection status
• Create and implement school activities or advertisement to encourage the collection of box tops and/or labels
Section 6: Advisory Board shall:
• Consist of any parent/guardian, staff member, or community member.
• Attend each PTCO meeting to provide input and help implement the following:
• Fundraising Ideas
• Proposed yearly budget
• Building PTCO membership
• Building Volunteerism
• Establishing Room Parents
• Building Community Support
Article VI: Basic Policies
The following are basic policies of the Coltrane-Webb Elementary PTCO:
1. The organization shall be noncommercial, nonsectarian, and nonpartisan.
2. The organization shall cooperate with schools to support the improvement of education in ways that will not interfere with the administration of the schools and shall not seek to control their policies.
3. The rules contained in the current edition of Robert's Rules of Orderly Newly Revised shall govern the PTCO in all cases in which they are applicable and in which they are not in conflict with these bylaws.
Article VII: Finances
The PTCO is a non-profit organization.
Section 1: The PTCO shall be established and operated for charitable and educational purposes.
Section 2: Upon the dissolution of the PTCO, any existing assets become the property of Coltrane-Webb Elementary until Coltrane-Webb Elementary ceases to operate as a school. The funds then become the property of Cabarrus County Schools.